Tuesday, January 09, 2007

First FO's of the year...


I made this hat on Sunday from a single ball of Rowan Soft Lux that I picked up in the John Lewis sale. I'd been wanting to try this yarn for ages and a 50% discount seemed like a good incentive. It is lovely - soft and slightly glittery. Knits up beautifully. The pattern is the basic cable beanie from Stitch and Bitch. I would have liked it to be a little longer and will do an extra repeat of the cable if I make it again. The other ball of Soft Lux that I got in the sale crocheted up into this little hat a few hours later. The pattern was one I found on the internet.
I am still in love with the Calorimetry pattern and made this one up from some Debbie Bliss Soho that I purchased especially - I know, it's supposed to be a stashbusting pattern !
The serious knitting this week has been on the lacy shrug from Knit 2 Together. The large piece of ribbing is rather boring and I can't wait to get to the lace edging. I think this is why I keep getting tempted to make hats. I had originally intended to stay faithful to this project. I really, really love the shrug.
My knitting plans for 2007 are as follows -
1. Make a serious dent in my existing stash
2. Finish some of the UFO's that have been lying around for ages
3. Knit more intarsia and fairisle - I used to be good at colour work but haven't done any for ages
4. Start my Christmas knitting much earlier than last year
5. Try some lace knitting
I also want to do a lot more spinning.

No comments: