Thursday, May 03, 2007

More crochet






Over the last couple of weeks, I have done plenty of crochet and totally neglected the knitting. First up is two pairs of the Turkish Slippers from Simple Crochet. The second pair still needs to have the edge trim put on - I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. The yarn is a dk cotton/acrylic mix that I picked up in the market for a bargain price. Both pairs from two balls and quite a bit left over. I love this pattern, it is quick, simple and the finished slippers are so wearable.
There seems to be a bit of a craze for crochet ripples in blogland at the moment. After looking at all the fabulous examples on the Ripple-along blog I felt inspired to start one of my own. It is a great way to use up leftover yarn - although I must confess to purchasing a few extra balls in colours that I thought would be good for it. It is great for working on when you can't be bothered to concentrate on a pattern.It is going to be a blanket for Miss Millie's bed.
A ball of Red Heart Camouflage from my stash worked up nicely into a neckwarmer. All that needs doing is casting off and threading some elastic cord through the top. I guess this one won't get worn for a few months yet.
I found this book at the library last week and liked a few of the patterns in it. This skinny scarf is great for adding a splash of colour to an outfit. One ball of Sirdar Vegas and a few hours work. I have ordered a couple more balls to make a few more of these.
I crocheted a bag from three balls of Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim Aran and it is blocking at the moment, so pictures next post. I like the bag so I'm making another from some dk cotton that I had in stash. Yes, I'm making a real effort to use some of that stash.
Lastly, meet the latest addition to our family. Nipper the rabbit.

No comments: