Thursday, April 27, 2017

More Tea Cosies

Just thought I would post a few more tea cosies. They have been flying off the needles lately .
I found this pattern for a crochet cabled tea cosy online after much searching.  I haven't done crochet cables before and really wanted to have a go,  It was quite interesting to do and gives a really lovely effect. The yarn was some old Patons dk that I found in a charity shop recently.
 Another new technique for me was smocked effect knitting.  I enjoyed this one greatly and think it looks pretty good.  It has a nice traditional feel to it.  I used a ball of Rowan Creative Worsted that I bought in a  sale years ago. The original plan was to knit a hat but I never got round to it.
This simple granny square tea cosy pattern is brilliant and looks really effective in a colour run yarn. I guess it would look great with contrasting colour rounds too but who enjoys sewing all the ends in. I have used an acrylic yarn for this design so far - Yarnfair from Wilkinsons. The colours are very nice and it is also a reasonable price. When I manage to find that odd ball of Noro Silk Garden lurking in my stash there could be a posh version of this design coming up.
 
Another favourite design of mine is the Buddha's Knot No Sew Teacosy - also a free pattern. It's really easy and that little i-cord knot on top just finishes it off nicely.  When I found this amazing rainbow yarn in Hobbycraft I knew it had to become one of these. I am keen to get hold of some more of this. It makes for a very cheerful little cosy. Enough to brighten up the dullest of mornings!
I also made up this cosy in some of the Yarnfair striped yarn.
This yarn is only dk so I held it double.  Luckily the colour runs weren't hard to match up and it worked quite well.
Lastly today, this granny square teacosy is fairly cute but I hated all the sewing up. I think I would also prefer it more random colours for a scrappy look.
I am still considering options for today's teacosy. Maybe another knitted one...




1 comment:

ac blanket double bed said...

Lastly today, this granny square teacosy is fairly cute but I hated all the sewing up. I think I would also prefer it more random colours for a scrappy look.
bedspread for super king bed
california king bedspreads amazon