Monday, October 10, 2011

Crescent Moon Revisited


 
 I loved my recent version of the gorgeous Japanese pattern "The Crescent Moon Shawl" so much that I started  another one in Rico Superba Poems sock yarn straight away.  It is a beautiful yarn, single ply with a kind of handspun feel to it.  The colourway I chose was called "Tropical".  It is always a pleasure to work with space dyed yarns and I managed to complete the whole project in a couple of days.
The finished shawl looks lovely - slightly less bulky than my first Crescent Moon and so colourful.

I love the way you can wear this shawl like a scarf or as a wrap.  It is a warm, versatile accessory and will get a lot of wear.  Looking at other versions of it on Ravelry has inspired me to start another one. This time I am using a very thin cotton/acrylic mix that I bought in a charity shop ages ago - because it was so cheap!  At last I have the perfect pattern for it.  Actually, it is a very large cone and I think there will be absolutely loads left.  The shawl will be thinner and more drapey.  So far it looks good made up in just about any yarn.


My next project is a crochet cap that I whipped up in an evening from a single ball of Patons Shadow Tweed. The pattern was from Noro World of Nature vol. 29.  I'm not sure the hat really suits me and am considering frogging it as I don't want to waste the yarn. 


4 comments:

Susie - secondhandsusie.blogspot.com said...

I love the colourful shawl and the hat you made...both are lovely! :)

Lena Zäterbergs said...

I love the shawl, beautiful colors. Do you know were I can find a patter for this shawl?
Best regards
Lena from Sweden

yanmaneee said...

curry 7
nike air vapormax
jordan 12
golden goose
nike air max
golden goose sneakers
bape hoodie
goyard bags
kyrie shoes
kyrie 3

menna said...

شركات تعقيم المنازل من كورونا دبى