Saturday, March 25, 2006

So, here it is - my very first blog entry ! I've been knitting for many years but it's only recently that I realised that it could be such a sociable activity. After enjoying the many inspirational knitting blogs that have sprung up over the last couple of years, I have finally decided that I just have to join in. I've made so many garments over the years with varying degrees of success but have been inspired by all the wonderful knitting blogs to try new techniques and generally be more creative. I love knitting accessories - socks, scarves, gloves, bags ! They have been flying off my needles over the last year.
There are so many exciting and challenging patterns available today that it is hard to choose a project to commit to. The real difference has been that I am now making things that are loved and worn either by myself or whoever they are gifted to.
Last year I made my first pair of socks - the first timeI had knitted anything in the round.





Now, I always have at least one pair on the needles. Socks are such a great portable project as well as being fabulous finished items. So far I have mostly enjoyed using self-striping yarns but plan to try some more ambitious designs this year.

My favourite project at the moment is the wonderful Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts which I am making in some beautiful Noro Kureyon. First time that I've used this amazing yarn and so far it is an easy but interesting knit. Pictures of my progress to follow soon ......

No comments: