Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Works In Progress.... well, some of them !



So here it is, my current favourite WIP - the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted gifts. I'm making it in Noro Kureyon, colour 134, and am quite pleased with the effect so far. I'm not sure about the way that the stripes work up wider on the sleeves than the body but I could get used to it. This yarn was a sale bargain from Laughing Hens - I just had to have it ! I really like the pattern so far. It is simple and stylish. This will be quite a warm sweater - I would like to make this pattern again in something lighter, maybe with silk.

Other WIPs that I really want to finish soon are the Colinette Fandango boa scarf in a lovely plum colourway:

Also on the needles, a Jaywalker sock -


And, an Opal stripes sock. Almost reached the heel !


This one is just a basic sock pattern. Nothing fancy but I like the way the yarn is working up.

Of course, there may be a few other WIPs lurking in my cupboards but these are the ones that I am plannning to finish SOON.

1 comment:

shaz said...

Another Jaywalker eh? A woman after my own heart!