Saturday, September 16, 2006


I had the best surprise this week - a parcel arrived from my downstream One Skein Secret Pal, the lovely Ruth of www.rooknitting.blogspot.com . She sent me a fabulous skein of Colinette Giotto in a most beautiful shade of green. Having read my blog after the August "reveal", she can be pretty sure that I am very well pleased with this. This just proves to me that Knitbloggers are the most generous and friendly people. I am constantly surprised by how willing they are to share their enthusiasm, skills and even their stash ! This may have to become another drop stitch scarf. Thank you so much Ruth - I love it !
Last night I crocheted my first Curly Wurly scarf. The pattern is from the book First Crochet by Lesley Stanfield and the yarn is Rowan Soft Baby. For a one evening project I am very pleased with this. It was fun to make, didn't take a lot of concentration and is a lovely scarf to wear. It took very slightly over one ball and I am wondering whether to try and get a matching beanie hat out of the leftovers or buy another ball and make another scarf. This is another possible Christmas present project.



















My first couple of skeins of handspun are looking quite good . I plyed the larger skein - not very well, but I had a go. I am more pleased with the singles . My technique is improving with practise and I am very much enjoying the spinning. I want to make something with these but can't think what. Any ideas ?

2 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Gorgeous green Giotto and what a lovely delicate and floaty looking CW scarf. I am SO impressed with your spinning! You seem to have taken to it like a duck to water! Well done! :-)

BrownPants said...

Oh I see what you mean about the Giotto now, I agree it is a loveley green. Can't wait to see what you do with it!