Sunday, September 03, 2006




On Saturday morning my final parcel from my One Skein Secret Pal arrived. The wonderful Hazel sent me a brilliant pair of fingerless gloves - the pattern is Fetching from Knitty. They are totally gorgeous and go really well with the scarf that I knitted with the skein of Feza Premier that she sent me last month. She is a talented lady and also makes jewellry - as I have discovered from reading her blog www.knityoga.blogspot.com . She also included a beautiful beaded pin that will make a perfect fastening for my crochet One Button Bolero. It is also nice to know that my downstream pal really liked the stuff that I sent her. The whole exchange has been a lot of fun.

I frogged the too small sleeves of the Sweetpea Cardigan and made them again with a larger hook. This time they fit the armholes - yay ! I'm going to try and finish this one during the coming week. That would be if I don't get caught up with my new spinning wheel. Spinning -I love it ! It really only took a few minutes of fiddling around to work out what to do and I am feeling quite pleased with myself. Now it is a case of practise, practise, and more practise to get a really good even yarn. My very first efforts have converted this pile of Masham fleece into a spindle of yarn. It's a bit lumpy but on the whole I am really proud of it. There is enough fleece left to fill another spindle so I will probably make a chunkyish plyed yarn with it. There should be enough to make something like a hat. I want to make myself something out of my very first handspun yarn.

I managed to restrain myself from purchasing any more expensive yarn this week but did pick up this bag of lovely 100% wool 4 ply from a charity shop for £1.49. How could I pass up such a bargain ? There should be enough for a couple of pairs of socks or maybe a scarf. I also bought a couple of pattern magazines from Interweave Knits which are full of amazing patterns that I will probably never have time to make. I will very much enjoy thinking about making them though.

2 comments:

RooKnits said...

I saw the fingerless gloves on Hazel's blog and was thinking what a lucky One Skein pal she had.... how spooky that it is you, my spoiler. Glad you have received such a fab present too.

chenmeinv0 said...

louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet online
tiffany and co
adidas yeezy 350 boost
tory burch outlet online
coach outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
cheap rolex watches
spurs jerseys
true religion
201612.24chenjinyan