Monday, October 02, 2006

Scarves and hat





















I finished the Granny Square Keyhole Scarf from First Crochet and am really pleased with it. Blocking worked wonders - it was transformed into a really great looking finished item. I will definitely wear this when it gets cooler. There is probably enough yarn left to make another two of these. I didn't buy the recommended yarn but am still surprised at how much was left over. So, maybe another scarf for a Christmas present or perhaps a matching bag for me.

The second Curly Wurly has now been given to my sister Jude, who is modelling it for me here. These scarves look great and are really easy to make.
It is my birthday today and my sis and neice knew just what I wanted . They bought me some balls of Wendy Moiselle which is a lovely yarn. I am trying to decide what to make with it - perhaps a scarf or bag.
Also just off the needles is a hat made from 2 balls of Rowan Biggy Print that had been in my stash for ages. I got the pattern from the book Hip Knit Hats which I borrowed from the library. It's a great book and I would probably buy it at some point. This hat feels comfy and is definitely very wearable. I'm trying to make things that will actually get worn at the moment as I realise that I have often made things just for the pleasure of making them. It seems such a waste if things don't get used. I wore my One Button Bolero last night when we went out for a fab Indian meal to celebrate my birthday. I felt great in it.
I have also managed to crochet another 3 dishclothes. I'm not so pleased with these three and think that I will be knitting the next few. I am enjoying the KAL. There are some excellent dishclothes appearing on the blog.