Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The hat obsession - latest evidence !


Well, I just can't get enough of hats these days ! I joined the We Call Them Pirates Knitalong and cast on immediately. I am loving the pattern. It's fun to knit and the hat is looking great so far. This has renewed my enthusiasm for fairisle and I will definitely be doing more. The hat should be finished today - I just need another ball of the black yarn to finish the hem. I will probably get enough to make the mittens. Meanwhile, having run out of yarn last night , I cast on for this groovy looking peaked cap...
I am using the recommended yarn Sirdar denim, which is not particularly nice in my opinion, as it is cheap. If I like the style there is some Colinette dk in my stash which would look great. And that's not all ! I whipped up this super chunky hat from a ball of Sirdar Bigga in a couple of hours.
I gave this one to my friend, Karen, who has been wearing it during this sudden cold snap we are having. The pattern has a couple of other designs that I quite like - particularly the one with earflaps.
I really must crack on with the Swanderful Bag for the Bjork KAL before I make too many more hats.

No comments: