Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another hat !







This is the Halley's Comet Hat - a free pattern from the talented Marnie Maclean. I whipped it up last night from a ball of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. It still needs blocking to show the lace pattern to best advantage but I just had to wear it today. This must be my favourite hat of the moment. It was fun to knit and looks really cute. The next hat on my list is the We Call Them Pirates design from Hello Yarn. I am joining the Knitalong for this one and bought some Cygnet dk this morning.
Meanwhile, the boring ribbed part of the shrug is now finished and I've started on the border. This is a little more interesting but there is 60" of it to go. I'm determined to have a finished shrug sometime soon.
I actually knitted this about two weeks ago and forgot to blog it. It's a little bag from the Glamour book by Erika Knight that I borrowed from the library. I had a skein of Sari Ribbon in my stash and knitted this up in an evening. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to track down a 6" purse clasp to finish it with. When I realised that this wasn't going to be as easy as I'd thought, the project ground to a halt. I'm still searching but can see this one getting frogged eventually. Tomorrow is Miss Millie's 6th birthday so there are presents to wrap before any more knitting gets done.

1 comment:

BrownPants said...

You could try http://www.tallpoppycraft.com/ for the handles?