Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oh no, not more neckwarmers !

I gifted my last pair of Ladylike Lace Gloves to Clare the Bear and immediately had to make another pair for myself. I raided my stash and found some Cygnet 4 ply that was going to be for socks that never got knitted. So, here are my pink Ladylikes...
I love them - they are fun to crochet and great to wear. They took less than one ball of yarn.
I particularly like the ribbed effect on the palms.
I know that these neckwarmers have become a bit of an obsession lately but I just love them. Two more flew off my needles last week. The green one is Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK used double. It is so soft and a lovely shade of green - this one is for me. The second is Sirdar Denim Tweed dk doubled up and is for Clare the Bear. There is enough left to make matching wristwarmers.
I have done really well for yarn in charity shops lately. Last week I found 8 balls of Lopi in my local Oxfam for a couple of pounds the lot. I have been meaning to make the lovely felted bowls from One Skein for ages and this stuff is perfect for felting. Once I started there was no stopping me and I made two large bowls and two small bowls from just two balls of the Lopi. I am planning to try a felted bucket hat with some of the leftovers. Another charity shop yielded a huge bag of black aran weight yarn that feels like pure wool. I am hoping that there will be enough to crochet the Phoebe jacket from Rowan's Arabesque booklet. It will have to be doubled up but I really hope there will be enough yardage. This is such a great pattern but would work out quite expensive if I purchased the recommended yarn. If I can make it from my £2.75 bargain wool it will be cause for celebration. Swatching tonight !

2 comments:

BrownPants said...

haha! you are obsessive aren't you!
It's so lovely that you give all of these things away, your friends are very spoilt!

yanmaneee said...

air jordan
curry 4
yeezy boost 350 v2
balenciaga shoes
air max 270
jordan shoes
supreme clothing
nike kd 12
nike air max
longchamp handbags