Sunday, July 01, 2007

The new and the old





Although I have been a bit of a bad blogger lately, there has been plenty of knitting and crochet going on. I finally finished the Hug Me Tight shrug from Knit 2 Together. This was a simple knit - just a big ribbed rectangle and a long strip of simple lace edging. It had been waiting to get sewn up for months but for some reason got forgotten. I love the finished shrug - it is both comfortable and stylish. I like a lot of the projects in this book and will certainly be making more. The felted slippers are calling to me !
Encouraged by the success of the Hug Me Tight I dug out Esme, the beautiful crochet halter top from Rowan. I have nearly finished since I took these pictures and hope to reveal the finished item in my next post.
Of course, I had to start some new things too. The sun hat from the latest Interweave Crochet looked like a great way to use up those odd balls of Debbie Bliss dk cotton that I picked up in the John Lewis sale a few months ago. This is such a great hat - I will so be wearing it if the sun ever comes out again ! I whipped up two at work and have almost finished a plain green one.
I am also making good progress on Interweave Crochet's Seafoam Vest. It's a very simple pattern and good for working on whilst watching telly. Pictures soon !

No comments: