Two shrugs finished! I am not the best at finishing things, which is probably why I love things like shrugs that have minimal sewing up. I had almost finished this shrug in Rowan 4ply Cotton when I realised it was going to be far too small for me. Luckily it turned out to be just about perfect size for Miss Millie - and she actually likes it! The shrug took just over 2 balls of yarn and was crocheted with a 3.5mm hook.
I still really wanted one for myself so I got straight on the case with a 4.5mm hook and some green boucle acrylic that I was given recently. Despite being acrylic, it is quite a nice yarn and I love the delicate green colour. I didn't want to use any expensive yarn until I had sorted out the sizing issues with this pattern. The finished result is very pleasing. So simple but so pretty ! I spotted the pattern on Ravelry and fell in love with it - it is Bernadette Ambergen's "Pretty Short Sleeved Crochet Shrug" Fairly easy to follow and easy to adapt the size once you know what you are doing. We have both worn our shrugs several times already.
This gorgeous mohair cardi from "Feminine Knits" is almost complete but has "resting" over the last week as I got excited by some other small projects. I shouldn't take longer than 2 evenings to finish so hopefully there will be another completed project in my next post. The doubled up patons Misty seems to knit up like Kidsilk Aura, although not quite as soft of course.There are lots of wonderful patterns in Feminine Knits that I plan to make.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on a cute toy project - Alan Dart's chimps tea party. It is going well and has filled me with enthusiasm for toy knitting. Expect lots of toys soon...