Sunday, April 29, 2012

Colourful shawls

This weeks weather has been appalling - cold,wet, and windy. The sunhats that I made last week are in no danger of being worn for a while yet. Ah well, they are ready as soon as the sun comes out.
Meanwhile, I have been working on two shawls. One crochet and the other knit. Both are beautiful colourful pieces that I can't wait to wear. Neither have been blocked yet, so these are the first pictures that I am sharing because I am so excited to have finished.
 

 I finished the Ananas Crochet Shawlette  last week and am loving the shape, pattern and colour.  I used Patons 100% Cotton 4ply. It is a very economical yarn that comes in some amazing colours. two balls was just enough to complete this pattern. The shawl still needs blocking to open up the lace and shape the edging into points.  This will be done as soon as the weather warms up enough to enable me to leave it outside to dry.  It is quite large and forms a crescent shape when laid out so I thought I might try tweaking it into shape and leaving it on the trampoline to dry.  If I leave it in the house, the dog will have it for sure.
 
 I may try this pattern again in a thinner wool yarn to see how it looks.
 
The knitted wrap is Sheer and Easy by Iris Schreier.  This very simple one row lace pattern was a joy to knit up on 7mm needles using Nimu Sizergh. 

The Nimu yarn was purchased at the craft show I went to at Olympia recently. It is a gorgeous blend of silk and mohair that has been handpainted in the loveliest colours. The variegated colours look amazing both on the skein and when knitted up. I finished this one today and have managed to find a corner of the house to block it in.