Saturday, May 05, 2012

Japanese Rose Filet Crochet Shawlette

I started this shawlette a few days ago.  The yarn is a 50/50 wool and silk mix that I was given by a friend at knitting club. When I saw this pattern in a Japanese crochet book I knew it would be a perfect match for the yarn. I love Japanese patterns - they are so stylish and the charts are really easy to follow.  Filet crochet is fun.  You have to concentrate but it is great watching the picture appear as you work. The shawlette will have a beautiful leafy edging if there is enough yarn.
Yesterday I was asked to make a cute baby hat and managed to knit this little Deer Hat by Tiny owl Knits in an evening.  I used Sirdar Snuggly 4ply held double and knit on 4.5mm needles for the hat.  The antlers were knitted in Rowan Kid Classic, which felts brilliantly.  It is really the ears and antlers that take a while.  Attaching them in the right place can be a pain but I am satisfied that they are now positioned for maximum cuteness...

Speaking of cute...
 
Alfie rolled around in something unpleasant and smelly today and had to have a bath.  He is now looking gorgeous with his fur freshly washed and styled. He also smells a lot better.

2 comments:

mcshathe said...

see page s2i94k8i82 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags online uae replica bags prada click to read more b9d84l4l65 7a replica bags basics q0j17c2c97 replica louis vuitton handbags zeal replica bags o0d23y3x03

smecoez said...

p2t16p3c09 b1o99p1e99 d2c24j5q34 t1j03i8m78 k3q79b2r18 x5v93i8y18