I have made about six pairs of these flower mitts so far and am still loving them. They are the perfect way to use up a single ball of dk - of which I have many! The embroidery is a lot of fun and makes each pair unique. I found some tapestry yarn in a variety of colours in the local charity shop and find it very useful for adding colour. Even the smallest piece of yarn can make a few french knots. Three pairs of mitts are waiting to be embroidered, so more of those in my next post.
I crocheted the Lollo Rosso shawl a while back after seeing the pattern on Ravelry and admiring the many gorgeous examples pictured there. It seemed quite small when I was working on it so I purchased an extra ball of yarn and did an extra repeat of the increases. As I was blocking the shawl I realised that this had probably been unnecessary - it opened out a lot! I used beads on the final row as recommended in the pattern but have to admit that it hardly seems worth they effort. They are barely noticeable and get completely lost in the ruffles. They are also so small that they don't really add any weight to the bottom of the shawl. Apart from these few points, it is a lovely shawl and I may well make another smaller version some time.
There are lots of projects on the go at the moment. Mostly smaller projects - accessories and such. I am usually like to have a big jumper or something to work on as well but can't quite decide what to make next. I need to look through my vast collection of patterns and yarn for some inspiration.