Monday, June 19, 2006

Thank You Secret Pal !


This fabulous parcel arrived this morning from my One Skein Secret Pal. It is the most beautiful skein of handpainted wool from Silkwood Yarns in shades of purple ( my very favourite colour !) I have often lusted after Silkwood yarns at craft fairs and whilst browsing their website but never actually bought any. I think this may have been because all their yarn is so wonderful that I was unable to come to a decision. So this was a perfect choice for me - I absolutely love it. With the skein were a simple hat pattern, two lovely heart shaped handmade soaps, a lavender bath bomb and a beautifully written card. The lavender made the yarn smell wonderful. Thank you so much Secret Pal - you really brightened my day.
The knitting has not gone so well this last week . I finished the Razer Cami last night and the straps are awful. I know that I should have tried it on and checked the positioning before I attached the straps and sewed the ends in but I just followed the pattern and assumed it would be OK. It was not ! The straps will have to be frogged - they are just too far apart at the front.
I am thinking of using i-cord ties at the shoulders instead of the sparkly straps. The length would be adjustable and I think it would be more comfortable to wear. It would also be an excuse to use my new gadget...
Yes, it's a knitting mill for making i-cord ! This should save loads of time when making bag handles , straps, etc. Looks quite fun too, so I expect that little Miss Millie will want to help. I tried really hard to resist buying more yarn this week but saw this really cheap fun fur in our local branch of Poundland. At £1 a ball I couldn't help myself. I'm not sure about the quality but it will probably make a fun scarf. What I really liked about it was the colours.

2 comments:

The Bear said...

wow That does look like fun, where did you purchase it from and how does it work?

I have fallen in love with the silvery top you are making, keep up the good knitting!

chenmeinv0 said...

coach outlet online
abercrombie and fitch
louis vuitton outlet online
louis vuitton outlet online
canada goose femme
ugg boots sale
prada bags
cheap jordan shoes
louboutin shoes
jordan pas cher
201612.24chenjinyan