Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cupcake and a UFO



The Cupcake top from Happy Hooker is now finished and blocking - it looks pretty good. The only problem could be that the fabric seems quite holey as I had to really tweak it out to size to make it fit properly. I suppose it will be ok with a small top underneath, just a little too warm maybe. It needs a ribbon and amazingly there is nothing suitable in my stash so it will probably get finished next week.
I enjoyed making this - it is the first garment I've crocheted. It has given me the confidence to have a go at another larger crochet project. The yarn for the Colorwaves Topper in Interweave Knits has been waiting in my stash for some time now. I also managed to complete a small beanie hat this afternoon using some Red Heart Super Saver that I bought from a seller on Ebay. It is a really effective camouflage colour yarn and I like it a lot considering it is 100% acrylic. This stuff comes in huge balls and I have 2 .5 left so I am trying to think what to make with rest of it

This evening I decided to try and finish a UFO that has been hanging around for months. The Wrap Sweater with Eyelets from Rebecca magazine 29 in GGH Soft Kid. This is a really cute top and I almost finished it before getting distracted. The back, sleeves and half of the left front are already complete so it shouldn't take long.


I also got a delivery from Get Knitted this week - a gorgeous pattern for a felted evening bag and some Cascade 220 to knit it with. Can't wait to start this one .

2 comments:

Bron said...

Congratulations on having the will-power to pick-up a UFO! I am soo bad at that - i love starting new projects =)
The cupcake is gorgeous too =D

Dipsy Doodle said...

Hi from Austria! Oh, you've been so productive! I really love your top, it looks so pretty - crocheted tops are just perfect for summers (if ours ever get warmer again, that is), and you did such a fantastic job with it!
The Wrap Sweater from Rebecca Nr. 29 has been on my "Have to do" list for so long, I just never got around to making it, so I'm really curious to see your progress on it! So far it looks gorgeous!
Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog