Thursday, June 29, 2006

Finished Eternal and back to my crochet hook...

The Rowan Cotton Tape Eternal top is finished at last - and has been worn ! I really like it and will probably wear it a lot. It doesn't show too well in this picture but the shape is really flattering and easy to wear. The yarn is discontinued but I wouldn't mind adapting the pattern for a different yarn. After this I needed some instant yarn satisfaction so I whipped up this crochet cap in about 2 hours from an odd ball of Noro Kureyon that was in my stash.

I really enjoyed this and love the finished hat. It's a bit hippy but totally wearable. Noro is just great to work with and the colours are wonderful. I think that making a hat from just one ball is a great way to try out the different colours of Kureyon. The pattern was just a basic double crochet beanie with a simple shell edging that I adapted from various hat patterns that I have.
Still in the mood for crochet, I dug out some yarn that I purchased ages ago to make the Colorwaves Topper from the Fall issue of Interweave Crochet. I am using the same yarn and colours as in the pattern and it is working up really quickly. It's quite hard to see the real shape of the garment in the photo but I think it's supposed to be a loose fitting wide bottomed jacket - the pattern says it has the drape and style of a shawl with the ease and comfort of a sweater. The Colorwaves yarn is really soft and quite pleasant for an acrylic but it is hard to see individual stitches because of the boucle.

No comments: