Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Rose Filet Shawl



Over the last week or so, I have been mostly working on this Rose Filet shawl. It was a free pattern that I found when searching the net for something interesting to make with the large cone of yarn that I scored from the charity shop for £1. It is blocking at the moment but shouldn't take long to dry out in this weather so there should be a modelled shot soon. There is still about three quarters of the cone of yarn left so this is a real bargain. The rose doesn't show up nearly this much from close up so it was a bit disappointing - without the rose it is a very plain shawl. I was pleased to see it standing out so well in the photos that I took of it blocking and hope it shows up from a distance when worn. This was my first try at filet crochet so at least I learnt something new.

No comments: