Friday, July 07, 2006

The Colorwaves Topper is not the tops....

After just three evenings the Colorwaves Topper was completed... and I hate it ! It looked more like a jacket in the picture but it is too short at the back and sides and far too wide. The colours are great, the texture is wonderful and the crochet was enjoyable but the style is just awful. I think that it is totally unwearable. But wait...













My lovely niece, Clare the Bear, has thrown it on in a shruglike way and looks totally fabulous. What style that girl has ! What could I do but save the whole project by giving it to her. While visiting, Bear also scored about 30 pairs of assorted sizes of knitting needles for about £2 from our local charity shop - what luck ! She has recently learnt to knit and you should check out her blog too.
In need of some instant finished object gratification I quickly whipped up a small crochet clutch bag from a ball of Lamb's Pride worsted that was in my stash. I liked it so much that I made another from the Cotton Fleece left over from the Green Gable top. They just need sewing up, lining and embellishing - might get around to that at the weekend.

Meanwhile, I can't resist this gorgeous picture of Miss Millie picking strawberries last Sunday. She is far sweeter than the strawberries were !

2 comments:

Alice said...

Oh, that is such a shame. It's so annoying when the proportions of a garment are all wrong, especially when the colours are so lovely. Could you frog it and make something you'll wear? That sounds mercenary but I'm thinking you'll get the benefit of that lovely yarn, then.

ceset said...

read more replica bags buy online over at this website 7a replica bags wholesale have a peek at this website replica designer backpacks