Sunday, July 30, 2006

Scarves, bags and tops

Well, here are the pictures of my holiday knitting. I can't believe that I made so much. The Colinette Giotto drop stitch scarf is just lovely and so simple.I am considering using the last 2 skeins of Giotto in my stash to make a larger wrap sized version of this. The Colinette Fandango boa is a very satisfying knit and looks far nicer than similar items that I've seen for sale in the shops. This yarn is available in loads of awesome colourways, so I could see myself making a few more of these.

It was a bit disappointing to run out of yarn for the Giotto top but I think I will order more and finish it. I toyed with the idea of frogging it but then decided it was quite wearable and I love the colours.

The next two projects are crochet from Hapy Hooker. First, the Fat Bottomed Bag which needs handles and a trim. I enjoyed crocheting this - it was fast and easy and turned out pretty good.

This is my third version of the Garden Scarf and probably my favourite. For the other two I stuck with the same sort of colours used in the book. This time I used about one and a half balls of Noro Silk Garden and really love the effect.

5 comments:

RooKnits said...

ooh. I've made the fat bottomed bag too and thought it was cool. I love the Noro scarf, think I might have to try that too.

Michelle said...

I tried to see the images of the Noro Silk Garden Garden Scarf on Craftster, but the images wouldn't show. I got nosey around your blog and I'm sure glad I did! You make some fantastic stuff!

You've inspired me to try the Garden Scarf with some Silk Garden. I tried making a Fat-Bottom Bag, but it keeps coming out too small. Grr...

chenmeinv0 said...

hollister outlet
christian louboutin shoes
cheap pandora jewelry
nike trainers uk
canada goose outlet
gucci outlet online
moncler outlet uk
michael kors
oakley sunglasses
tory burch
201612.24chenjinyan

Anonymous said...

This is my third version of the Garden Scarf and probably my favourite. For the other two I stuck with the same sort of colours used in the book. This time I used about one and a half balls of Noro Silk Garden and really love the effect.
bulk tee shirt orders
bulk buy raglan t shirts

mchene said...

replica bags on amazon best replica bags online 2018 replica bags seoul