Saturday, August 12, 2006

Back to work

















It was back to work this week - and luckily for me this actually means extra knitting time ! I took the opportunity to start another new project. I saw this short sleeved top on the Crafster site and as it was a free pattern decided to give it a go. I had 3 balls of Lion Brand Cotton in my stash that looked like they would be perfect. I finished the little cap sleeves this morning and now need to sew it up and add the decorative frilly edging. Having got this far I am wondering if it would have been better to use something slightly less stiff and more drapey. The Lion Cotton feels quite heavy. Oh well, it can always be frogged if necessary.
I also managed to put the final touches to the Fat Bottom Bag that I crocheted on holiday and am really pleased with it. I used Rowan Cotton Tape for the contrast yarn trim and a purchased lace flower pin. This is actually going to get used - it is pretty and practical. It was also fun to make so I might make a few more of these for presents. It took less than one ball of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece to make this, so it was also a fairly cheap bag. The Bamboo handles were taken from a bag that I found in a junk shop. This is definitely the best way to get inexpensive handles - new ones are ridiculously priced. Some really hideous bags have fabulous handles and can be picked up for next to nothing. I'm all for recycling !
It also occurred to me that I had forgotten to post pictures of my finished In Bloom clutch bag. This is another pattern from the Happy Hooker book that worked up brilliantly. The book has turned out to be areally good buy as I've made about six items from it so far and have plans for several more. This must be a record for me as I only usually get to make one or two things from any book that I buy.

1 comment:

BrownPants said...

Oooooh, I love these! Well done!