Monday, August 21, 2006

A good week for FOs...















This week has been a very good week for finishing things off . Firstly, I actually got around to making four of these little felted Ipod cosies. They flew off my needles - they were great fun. The striped ones were knit from some leftover Noro Kureyon which felts beautifully and the others from some scraps of Lambs Pride Worsted. One is totally complete with its button fastening but the other three are still auditioning suitable buttons. Next to be completed was the crochet One Button Bolero - a free pattern from the Moda Dea website ( www.modadea.com ) I saw this made up on the Crafster website and had to have a go. I used about two and a half balls of Lion Cotton from my stash . At first I thought that the cotton might be a bit too heavy but I really like the way it looks finished. It only took three days to make this and I love the finished top. It's blocking at the moment and also waiting for a suitable button. I am considering making ties if I can't find a really nice button to go with it. Blocking has really opened up the lacey frill and made this top look fabulous. I hope it will be dry by this evening so I can take a modelled shot. I would consider making this again in a lighter yarn or maybe something a little sparkly like Patons Brilliant. It's not bad at all for a free pattern. Craftster is a great source of inspiration and another item that had caught my eye was a scarf made from hundreds of fabric strips. I got out my box of interesting fabrics and started cutting 1cm wide strips . Miss Millie really enjoyed helping me select colours and tie the lengths into a big ball. So much so that there may be another of these scarves in production soon. Blogger is not letting me upload any more pics at the moment so I will try to add some later. There is also another scarf and a scarf and hat set that got finished this week. Pics later this evening, hopefully !

No comments: