Friday, August 04, 2006

Thank you again Secret Pal




My fabulous One Skein Secret Pal has excelled herself - and I didn't think it could possibly be better than the first skein ! She sent the most beautiful skein of Feza Premier and I absolutely love it. It is made up from lengths of gorgeous novelty yarns knotted together and is amazing shades of green. I have recently been converted to novelty yarns after a lifetime of being a fiber snob. Having seen them used so effectively by talented knitters like Jane Thornley (check out her website www.janethornley.com ) I can see that they have a place in my yarn stash. I can't wait to knit this up into a scarf. Also included were some very beautiful stitch markers that my Pal had made herself. I can't wait to find out who my Pal is - she has made the most excellent choices for me. Thank you so much !

I have at last started on the White Lies Madeline Jacket and am enjoying it so far. It is knitted as a huge lacy circle and the sleeves are picked up and knitted in the round, so there is no sewing up. Hooray ! I hate sewing up. This is a really interesting construction and I cant wait to see the finished jacket. I really admire the White Lies designs and will try more if this works out well.

No comments: