Sunday, April 30, 2017

More tea cosies and a mat

Just a few more tea cosies! These are all patterns that I have used before and liked.  Probably time to try some new designs now...




Although I am still obsessed with tea cosies, I came across some yarn in my stash the other day that inspired me to have a go at making a bath mat.  I found this t-shirt yarn in a charity shop a couple of years ago and snapped it up.  Bargain! The pattern was free  and found during a Ravelry search for bulky rugs. I am using an 8mm hook, largely because I couldn't find a bigger one.  Probably would have gone for 10mm if I could have found it. However , the fabric is nice and firm and should result in a fairly durable rug.  Not sure if I have enough yarn to complete the pattern and may have to improvise a bit towards the end.
Alfie seems to approve of it so far!