Sunday, May 28, 2006

Crazy about crochet !














This weekend I have really been getting into crochet and the knitting has been a bit neglected. I ran out of Rowan Cotton Tape and so had to track down a skein on the internet as it is now discontinued. I managed to find some and am looking forward to being able to finish the Eternal top. Meanwhile , I decided to have a go at the crochet cap and ruffle cravat from One Skein. These were both very enjoyable to make and I am pleased with the finished result. The ruffle cravat took a bit more than one skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky which was a shame as this stuff is very expensive. Anyway, I enjoyed the crochet so much that I dug out my copy of Happy Hooker and started on the One Skein Scarf straight away. I used a ball of Cygnet Aran, which is 75% wool and 25% polyamide, in a lovely bright red. A couple of hours later I had this -

This is such a great little scarf and I think I will be making a few more of these. I'd like to try it in some space dyed yarns and see how it looks. Still in the mood for crochet, I purchased three balls ofPatons 100% cotton DK and started on the cute Cupcake top from Happy Hooker. This will be my first crochet garment if it works out ok. So far it is going well....

No comments: