This is the square accessory bag from One Skein that I made on Saturday - it's quite cute but I think I should have used a stronger colour. The yarn is RYC Natural Silk Aran. At almost 2 balls for this bag it wasn't exactly cheap to make. The rectangular accessory bag could get made soon to complete the trio as I have purchased some Rowan All Seasons Cotton and a 7" zip. I did feel the need to cast on for a scarf at work today. Its a moebus design in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk which is just supersoft and lovely. Pictures later !
I got the details of my One Skein Secret Pal on Saturday and have been checking out her blog
. I have lots of good ideas for yarns and finished objects that I think she will love. Then today my Pal contacted me. I have emailed her back but thought I'd post my answers to the questionaire here :
1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Hmmm.... This is a tricky question ! I suppose I would see myself as some handspun hand-dyed wool. Reliable yet interesting.
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I am distinctly fond of purple - any shade ! I also love green.
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Oh yes, they are my favourites. I love variegated yarn and have enjoyed making socks far more since I discovered magic yarns.
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I prefer natural fibres and particularly enjoy trying unusual fibre. For example, I recently acquired some banana fibre yarn and some nettle fibre yarn and am looking forward to using them.
5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I really don't mind.
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I would love to try some and like the projects using organic cotton in One Skein.
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
I have completed a jacket in Rowan Cork,a Rogue pullover, a cardi in Colinette Giotto and a Noro Kureyon Hourglass Sweater. Also loads of smaller projects, including seven of the items from the One Skein book.
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Definitely. Last year I made all of my Christmas presents and several birthday gifts and plan to do the same this year.
9. What is your favorite one skein project?
Hard to pick one, but I adore the silk sleeves. I made some for a friend and plan to start a pair for myself soon.
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
Tons ! It is stored in a large cupboard in my spare room and I can barely remember what is there. But I really need it all !
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
I do intend to use all of it and am not too precious about giving finished objects away. I am really flattered if other people think my work is lovely.
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Certainly not less, but I think cotton yarns tend to feature more than they do in winter.
13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
I am in several Knitalongs - including the One Skein KAL, Green Gable KAL and the Handknit Holidays KAL. I'd love to find a local knitting group to join.