Wednesday, May 10, 2006

One Skein Legwarmers and a Summer Top


The legwarmers from One Skein got finished today. They took 100g of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and are very soft and warm - probably too warm to be needed until Autumn. They will be ready and waiting ! This is a good simple pattern and I will be making more of these for gifts, I'm sure. I cast on a top in Rowan Cotton Tape at work today and reached the armholes by the time I went home. How lucky am I to be able to knit at work ! The pattern is Eternal by Kim Hargreaves from the It's A Tape Thing booklet by Rowan.

The Cotton Tape knits up very quickly and looks pretty good. I got this at half price in the sales at John Lewis a few months ago, so this will be a bargain top.


Only a few more rows got added to the Indonesian Teak Scarf today. It grows fast and is interesting to knit so I still hope to get finished by Saturday. I am trying to sort out some yarn to start the Watergarden Shrug. Jane Thornley, the designer, is running a Knitalong and offers loads of support and encouragement. Colinette offers packs of mixed yarn types in different colour pallettes, so I have ordered a purple pack in the hope that it might give me most of the yarn that I need for a really interesting shrug. Can't wait to start this pattern.

No comments: