Sunday, May 07, 2006

A finished scarf and some new beginnings

The gorgeous Kidsilk Haze scarf is finished and is lovely. It is really long considering it took only one skein of this wonderful yarn. Definitely a pattern that I will be using again. As soon as this was cast off I had to cast on for a new One Skein project. This time it is the leg warmers and I am using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK in a lovely burgundy. After the brief burst of hot weather this week I am wondering if this is really the thing to be making right now but at least they will be ready and waiting for Autumn.

I also cast on today for a scarf that I am planning to give as a gift next week - just hope that I can get it finished on time. It is the Indonesian Teak Scarf designed by Jane Thornley and the pattern is available free on her website, www.janethornley.com . I really love Jane's work and have purchased another couple of patterns for a shrug and a wrap. I think that this kind of knitting is something that I will get better at with practise - blending colours and textures is fun and she makes it look so easy. The scarf is growing fairly fast and I quite like the effect so far, although I think that I may need to balance out the lighter yarns with more black and dark brown. The finished scarf then gets to be embellished with beads which will be interesting.

No comments: