Saturday, April 01, 2006

And now for some crochet....




Well, I didn't manage to finish the Cork jacket . It's really close with only about half of the belt to go and the rest of it all sewn up. I was really keen to get it finished but then my copy of Debbie Stoller's new crochet book arrived and I was seduced by a new project. I've never actually crocheted a garment before before the Unseamly Sweater looked simple yet stylish and so I dived straight in. I'm using Rowan Calmer which is a very light, soft yarn and should make an extremely comfortable sweater. It is working up very quickly and I'm almost up to the armholes already. I'm a bit worried about the size - perhaps I should have gone for a larger one. Can't bear the thought of frogging it at this point so I'm hoping that it will be ok when it's blocked if I ease it out a bit. .
The waist shaping section is the main problem as it doesnt seem to be as stretchy as the v-stitch sections. The v-stitch looks pretty good though

There are several projects that I really want to make from this book. The Frou Frou Jacket is a definite if this one turns out well and my enthusiasm for crochet carries on. I also really like the Garden Scarf.

No comments: