Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A felted clutch bag and half a sleeve



The clutch bag from One Skein spent today felting in the washing machine and then drying out. Tweaking it into an acceptable shape was not easy. I could definitely use more practise at this felting lark. The finished result is not too bad and I would use this pattern again - it will be great for using up odd balls of chunky wool. I have pinned on the handmade felt flower that I bought on holiday in Denmark last year and think it looks quite good. The buttons used on the original bag in the book also look excellent and I will be trying some other ideas on future efforts. Anyway, I have posted a picture onto the One Skein Knitalong blog and look forward to some constructive criticism. This is my first project from the book and the first time that I've taken part in a knitalong. It's fun.


A bit more progress has been made on the Hourglass Sweater. I knitted up about half of the second sleeve this afternoon. It's looking good !

1 comment:

shaz said...

That bag is adorable, and I'm loving the Noro colourway.

*adds books to wishlist*