Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Silk Sleeves

I started these Silk Sleeves from the One Skein book yesterday and almost finished them this afternoon. I just need a little more yarn which I will purchase tomorrow. This is the first time that I've used Rowan Kidsilk Haze and I now know why it is so popular. The yarn is so light and soft and looks beautiful - great range of colours. This project is only supposed to take one skein but will need just a few yards more. It's probably my gauge that's at fault but I didn't really think it would matter too much on a project like this - I never learn ! I could unwind a little of the first sleeve but I think I may just purchase another. This will leave me with enough yarn for another scarf. This was such a quick, easy project and I think the sleeves will look really good. I hope to post pictures of the finished sleeves tomorrow.
Meanwhile, I have cast on for the wonderful Odessa hat. I am using Rowan Cashsoft DK in a soft green and some glass beads that were left over from a beaded cardigan that I knitted years ago. I have joined the Odessa Knitalong.

No comments: