Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A fine finished knit !

After the last couple of knitting/crochet disappointments, I was feeling the need for a finished object to be proud of. So I dug out the little number that I knitted just before Christmas and never got around to sewing up. It's the Fiery Bolero from Interweave Knits Summer 2005 in Debbie Bliss Cathay. This yarn was a bit annoying to knit with as it splits really easily but the finished fabric is great. I am so pleased with this - and it actually fits perfectly. Some of my favourite knits have been Interweave patterns. They are stylish, fashionable and well written patterns.

And a back view .....
Spurred on by this success, I cast on for the felted clutch bag from One Skein. I love this book ! Loads of great ideas in it. I just happened to have some of the recommended yarn (Brown Sheep bulky) in a lovely shade of purple which I think may be called Wild Violet. I bought a cone of this yarn to make some felted clogs with and had some left over. It felts brilliantly. A couple of hours later and I have a bag sewn up and ready to felt.
I will be felting the bag tomorrow and look forward to seeing the results. This was a really quick knit and the finished bags I've seen on the One Skein Knitalong blog look amazing. I'm not sure how I 'll be embellishing the bag yet - buttons or flower of some sort. There might just be enough yarn left to make another one. My DD has chickenpox, so we are confined to the house for the next few days. This should mean plenty of knitting time.

No comments: